This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Friday, June 28, 2013

Cletus, oh, I mean, "Curtis" drops acid and does a heart stopping rendition of Darkness Darkness in Summer of Love

If you can make it to the Ligonier Theater tomorrow evening or Sunday afternoon, don't miss Summer of Love.  It's a delightful show with lots of laughs.

I have to say Cletus McConville's Darkness Darkness might be the best song I've heard yet on the Ligonier Stage but I'm partial to minor chords so the song resonates for me.

The whole cast is a blast and has a blast on stage taking us right back to the days of Vietnam War protest, and breaking social mores.

Francine Mitchell gave a heart warming performance as Mama - lovely songs and good comedic style.

As usual I could hardly take my eyes off Dominic Camarote, one of my favorite character actors on the Ligonier stage.  He does such subtle humor in gesture. He plays Rufus, a long haired hippy and TOTALLY looks the part.  Dominic leads the house singing WAR.  I love that song.

I got a kick out of Dominic, John Lunn and Bruce Maysmith  [Rufus, Coyote, and Donovan] singing back up while Savannah McElhaney [Saige] belts out Piece of My Heart.  We dubbed them the Hippie Pips.

Summer of Love is a good time.  Oh, yes, and there is a story.  It's not just fun and music.  ;)

Kudos to the whole cast for job well done.