This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Mountain Palace is more than a restaurant. Dr. Lacy makes you delicious and healthy food but her real dream is to teach us how to live a long and healthy life.



"Lacy Cai, M.D., Ph.D. provided medical treatment to children in China, got a Ph.D. in Japan in the science of genetic research, presented at the 2008 International Gene Therapy Conference in Boston, Ma, and works presently in diabetes research. Her dream is to provide this unique Mountain Palace establishment for the enjoyment of others."

I recently joined a few friends for the Chinese Exercise classes now offered by Dr. Lacy on Saturday mornings at Mountain Palace.  Since starting the classes I have had TWO health concerns addressed to my amazement with simple movements and pressure.  I'd like to share this with you because the low key marketing of these classes may cause you to MISS this wonderful opportunity to improve your life and health.

The most important lesson Dr. Lacy teaches, in my view, is that the human body is designed to live for 120 years.  We die early because we do not know how to maintain our health.  The lessons shared while we do simple movements in class are based upon her training in traditional Chinese medicine and also Western medicine. 

STIFFNESS AND PAIN IN MY LEFT WRIST.  I have noticed over the last year that I am was holding my left wrist differently when carrying things.  It was changing in a way that made me think I was developing arthritis.  In our very first class, Dr. Lacy started with bone and joint exercise and taught us a simple stretch of our arms and it pinpointed my new weakness immediately. By daily taking a moment to perform this simple movement, my wrist has improved greatly and I think we have caught and corrected a problem before it went too far.

ODD SENSATION OF FEELING LIKE I WAS HAVING A HEART ATTACK OR A STROKE. IT WASN'T PAIN. IT WAS AN OVERWHELMING FLUSH OF SENSATION ACROSS MY SHOULDERS AND DOWN MY ARMS.  WHILE IT WAS HAPPENING, I COULDN'T DO ANYTHING.  This was starting to happen once a day and it scared me. I went to my chiropractor and he made an adjustment but it happened again and I was considering going to the doctor.  At the next class I decided to mentioned it to Dr. Lacy.  She immediately checked the pressure points on my left arm and found them very painful.  She taught me three places to apply pressure regularly to unblock that area.  I have not had a single episode since and it has been over two weeks.

THANK YOU DR. LACY!