This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Monday, July 15, 2013

Here's one of the exercises Dr. Lacy Cai has taught us at Mountain Palace.

I think it's called Jin Ji Du Li.

Stand on one leg with your eyes closed.  Be careful.  Be near something to catch if you lose your balance.

I am working up from 15 seconds to about 20 seconds.  This is really a hard exercise but it is worth it.

If you can stand on one leg with your eyes closed each day for 60 seconds or more you reap many benefits which include improved blood pressure and memory.

Exercise is taught on Saturdays at 11AM at Mountain Palace. These types of exercise are for acquiring and maintaining good health and are for young and old - plus they are fun!

Lacy Cai, M.D., Ph,D,
412 760-4376
lingzhicai@hotmail.com

PS I find that if I look at something before I close my eyes and pretend I am looking at is while my eyes are closed, it is easier.