This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Foxley Farm in the news

“Sorry for the shortness of my tone but I have farming work to do and an Inn to run,” she continued. “Remember this is a farm and our focus is on farming, that is the detail paperwork that I had time to focus on and is important to me.
“Since I knew we would be heading towards the hog operation I just didn't care about the paperwork for events, sorry. I have 150 more hogs coming in two weeks and hoop houses have to be built,” she wrote.
The Nieds are raising free-range pigs, according to their website, as part of a sustainable farming program they've instituted to allow a farm-to-table concept that is popular in agritourism. The website says the Nieds have 2,300 on the farm.


Read more: http://triblive.com/news/westmoreland/5540226-74/nieds-events-farm#ixzz2sY0Qfzo6 
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook