This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Thursday, March 6, 2014

okay, NOW I know when the clock shop is open!

Dean said he finds clocks to add to his collection at antique shows but also relies on his clients to provide unique pieces for his collection.
“Most of the time they come to me,” he said. “Sometimes people just bring them into the shop to sell. Collectors looking to downsize bring them in.” Dean's shop is open two days a week — 10:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Thursdays and Saturdays.
“My other hobby is golf. In the summer, I golf three days a week,” he said acknowledging the limited hours of operation.
Dean said he has a steady stream of customers. He serviced 75 clocks in 2013 and has seven clocks in line for repairs with a two-month backlog.
“Most have the usual problems. They are not running or they need cleaning,” he said. “For me, when I am working on a clock, I am not thinking of anything else except the clock, because you really have to concentrate on what you are doing. And that relaxes me. I enjoy it.”


Read more: http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourligonier/5692647-74/clock-dean-clocks#ixzz2vBiZws3n 
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook