This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Monday, May 19, 2014

newpapers...a legacy and what does this mean for our Ligonier Echo?

Nothing gives perspective to life so much as death.
Recently, doctors told me I have an untreatable form of cancer.
Some who dislike me may rejoice at this news. Naturally, I can't share their enthusiasm.
The diagnosis has prompted me to consider my life, the city and region I call home, the country I love, and the many people I have known — especially those who are friends, or whose lives and achievements I respect.
In coming weeks and months, I hope to write about some of these things.
Today, I want to write about one thing that is so important to me: Newspapers.


Read more: http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/6132589-74/newspapers-lives-media#ixzz32A5qzo34 
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook