This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Verizon Wireless requests tower location in cemetery.

I just received an anonymous tip that there is a cell tower agenda item on the Ligonier Township Planning Commission meeting for May 21st. Here's the site plan.  I think you can enlarge it by clicking on the image.

The anonymous tipster is concerned and believes a tower placed in the cemetery will be unsightly.  No doubt it will be.  I have to say in my view, however, that these towers are no more unsightly than electrical towers and poles.  I think it's just a case of getting used to them.


Thanks much to the tipster and for those readers who are concerned or would like to make comments to the planning commission, go to the meeting.  ;)