This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Ken Clark raising funds for Masai tribal people. All contributions go to medical supplies. Ken will travel at his own expense.

Recently, Clark took the microphone at a Mellow Mike session at the Ligonier Tavern and read a poem, “Hearts,” he first wrote for his wife several years ago. He modified the poem to reflect his emotions for his upcoming mission to help those in need in Kenya, Africa.
“My heart has traveled many roads,” he said. “I have been to the Middle East, Australia and many European countries. I will be 63 in March. I am at a time in my life when I want to do something to help other people. I feel the need to reach out and so something more.”
Clark launched a fundraiser on Feb. 1 on the crowd-funding website INDIEGOGO. His goal is to reach $5,000 in 40 days for the Masai Medical Clinic.
“I will be there for two to four weeks with Institute for Field Research Expeditions, a volunteer abroad program established in 2005. I will volunteer in a remote rural medical clinic serving the Masai tribal people of the Great Rift Valley,” Clark said.


Read more: http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourligonier/7708164-74/clark-medical-clinic#ixzz3SCBrKUqT 
Follow us: @triblive on Twitter | triblive on Facebook