This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Do you like jazz?

I do.  I love jazz.  I wish there was a jazz venue in Ligonier.

Here are some jazz venues I've recently been introduced to in the general area.  Not sure if this is a new trend or am I just paying more attention.

Speals Tavern on Route 22 in New Alexandria is starting a weekly jazz open mic night Wednesday nights starting tomorrow.

The Press Bistro in Johnstown has a jazz night regularly.  There's a great band playing this Saturday.

Went to the Stone Water bar in Greensburg last week and listened to a jazz trio.

If you like jazz, support local venues.  Maybe we'll be fortunate to have one open right here in Ligonier.  Wouldn't that be something!