This is Ligonier's friendly neighborhood blog and an attempt to recapture our lively opinionated debates in a free speech zone.

Please join our conversations. Contributors welcome.


claysh@gmail.com

Friday, August 28, 2015

to the readers of Ligonier Living

Hey, I'm sorry I've been so absent.  I'm sorry that your regular read,  if you still read, is a steady diet of Elizabeth's articles.  It's not my cup of tea, but I still believe in freedom of speech and LL is still here though I am rarely.

Getting over the loss of an almost lifelong companion has been tough and the mind needs to be occupied in ways that preclude opining on the issues or watching the news.

If there is a hurricane coming, I hope you'll let me know because I'm just not paying attention.

I work. I eat. I sleep.  I play guitar and sing.  I scoop the cat litter and smoke the occasional cigar.

I listen to lots of music, some provided by friends who introduce me to tunes I might otherwise not know. That's always a a nice gift.  [Thank you L aka R. I did send you an email but I think it must have gone into the techno black hole.]

We have lots of good musicians in these here hills, professional and casual.  Music is the universal language and it brings people together.  I love music.  I love to sing.  If I could I would sing hello to you now, but instead I'm just saying hey.

So, hey, Ligonier.  You're still a frame of mind and don't you forget it.  ;)